Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The odd Alcove

We have this tiny alcove off the kitchen with a door to the side porch and the door to the basement. I was really tired of the plain wall so this is what we did. I had a window frame I rescued from the trash about 7 years ago. I am surprised that it moved with it because husband was not a big fan. He thinks my rescued projects are a bit weird. I asked him to cut a thin piece of plywood to size and we painted it with chalkboard paint and attached it to the back of the frame. I had distressed the frame several years ago. We attached it to the wall with screws so wit would be sturdy. I moved A's chair to the kitchen (it will keep him from dragging it all over when he wants to help me cook). I need to find a little bucket I have stashed and add the chalk to it. Now A can write while I cook and be a safe distance from the stove!
I'm not sure what to put above the shelf. Any suggestions? I have my booking basket collection on top of the shelf....I love the tiny baskets!!!
We made the "Bless our Home" sign with Uppercase Living decals. I'm not sure if this is the final home but I do like it here.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That looks very nice!
Did you try the sign above the shelf instead of under?
I like the way you have the baskets stacked also!